Mother's Day in the United States is this weekend and I've been thinking about how I'd like to spend my day. In the past I've cherished sleeping in and getting a short "break" for Mother's Day, but as R is growing older I'm finding myself wanting and cherishing different things. So I thought I'd share some simple ways to celebrate Mother's Day with your kids.
10 Simple Ways To Celebrate Mother's Day With Your Kids
- Start the day by inviting your children into your bed for some cuddling and tickling. All of the giggles are sure to get your day started off right.
- Sit and look at your family's picture albums together. Tell your children the stories surrounding the pictures. Talk about their births and early years.
- Tell your child why you love being their mom.
- Ask your child to tell you why they are happy that you are their mom. Record their answers.
- Enjoy some family time spent outside. Go fishing, hiking, or take a walk around the neighborhood.
- Go on a picnic. Even if you stay indoors.
- Sit down with your child and look through the previous years' Mother's Day cards. You'll both enjoy looking back and seeing how they've grown.
- Take silly pictures together in a photo booth. Or stage your own photo shoot.
- Cook dinner together. Turn on some music and have fun making a mess in the kitchen.
- Curl up and read a few of their favorite books. What was their favorite book as a baby? Toddler? Now?
Happy Mother's Day to all of the mamas!
How are you planning on celebrating Mother's Day?